One Year Bible Reading Plan – Day 4
But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet. For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified. And the Holy Spirit also bears witness to us; for after saying, “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws on their hearts, and write them on their minds,” then he adds, “I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more.” Where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer any offering for sin.”
Read all of Hebrews 10
- Does Jesus’s sacrifice mentioned in verse 12 differ from the sacrifices the Israelites made in the Old Testament? How is this good news?
- How does Jesus’s sacrifice show us God’s love for us?
- How can the knowledge of Jesus’s sacrifice for us change the way you treat others?
But my eyes are toward you, O God, my Lord; in you I seek refuge; leave me not defenseless! Keep me from the trap that they have laid for me and from the snares of evildoers! Let the wicked fall into their own nets, while I pass by safely.
Read all of Psalm 141
- Does this passage challenge what you believe in any way?
- What is the good news in this passage that you can share with someone else?
- How might this passage affect the way you pray today?