One Year Bible Reading Plan – Day 4
So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.
Read all of Philippians 2
- Review chapter 2:1-8. How should Christ’s humility affect my life?
- In obedience to His Heavenly Father, what did Jesus do in verse 7? What does it teach us?
- Verse 14 mentions grumbling and disputing. What do those words mean and do we obey what Paul says?
Hear, my son, your father's instruction, and forsake not your mother's teaching, for they are a graceful garland for your head and pendants for your neck. My son, if sinners entice you, do not consent.
Read all of Proverbs 1:1–19
- Does this passage challenge what you believe in any way?
- What is the good news in this passage that you can share with someone else?
- How might this passage affect the way you pray today?