One Year Bible Reading Plan – Day 5
In preparation for Sunday’s worship, read Hebrews 2.
When David's time to die drew near, he commanded Solomon his son, saying, “I am about to go the way of all the earth. Be strong, and show yourself a man, and keep the charge of the Lord your God, walking in his ways and keeping his statutes, his commandments, his rules, and his testimonies, as it is written in the Law of Moses, that you may prosper in all that you do and wherever you turn, that the Lord may establish his word that he spoke concerning me, saying, ‘If your sons pay close attention to their way, to walk before me in faithfulness with all their heart and with all their soul, you shall not lack a man on the throne of Israel.’”
Read all of 1 Kings 2-3
- In Chapter 3, Solomon prayed for wisdom. How does his wisdom reflect the perfect wisdom of God?
- What does today’s passage tell us about the promises of God?
- How can we use the gifts God has given us for His glory?
I cry to you, O Lord; I say, “You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living.” Attend to my cry, for I am brought very low! Deliver me from my persecutors, for they are too strong for me!
Read all of Psalm 142
- Does this passage challenge what you believe in any way?
- What is the good news in this passage that you can share with someone else?
- How might this passage affect the way you pray today?