One Year Bible Reading Plan – Day 5
In preparation for Sunday’s worship, read Hebrews 4.
Elijah said to her, “Do not fear; go and do as you have said. But first make me a little cake of it and bring it to me, and afterward make something for yourself and your son. For thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, ‘The jar of flour shall not be spent, and the jug of oil shall not be empty, until the day that the Lord sends rain upon the earth.’” And she went and did as Elijah said. And she and he and her household ate for many days. The jar of flour was not spent, neither did the jug of oil become empty, according to the word of the Lord that he spoke by Elijah.
Read all of 1 Kings 16:29-19:18
- Describe the reign of Ahab in Samaria from 1 Kings 16:29-33.
- What effect did Jezebel have on Ahab?
- What was the purpose of Elijah’s ministry during this time?
When terror strikes you like a storm and your calamity comes like a whirlwind, when distress and anguish come upon you. Then they will call upon me, but I will not answer; they will seek me diligently but will not find me. Because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of the Lord.
Read all of Proverbs 1:20–33
- Does this passage challenge what you believe in any way?
- What is the good news in this passage that you can share with someone else?
- How might this passage affect the way you pray today?