One Year Bible Reading Plan – Week 38 – Day 1
By faith the people crossed the Red Sea as on dry land, but the Egyptians, when they attempted to do the same, were drowned. By faith the walls of Jericho fell down after they had been encircled for seven days. By faith Rahab the prostitute did not perish with those who were disobedient, because she had given a friendly welcome to the spies.
Read all of Hebrews 11
- How do you describe faith in verse 1?
- What is absolutely necessary for a person to please God?
- What does the expression “of whom the world was not worthy” tell us about God’s regard for the righteous?
Deliver me from my enemies, O Lord! I have fled to you for refuge. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God! Let your good Spirit lead me on level ground! For your name's sake, O Lord, preserve my life! In your righteousness bring my soul out of trouble!
Read all of Psalm 143
- Does this passage challenge what you believe in any way?
- What is the good news in this passage that you can share with someone else?
- How might this passage affect the way you pray today?