One Year Bible Reading Plan – Day 2
Let brotherly love continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body. Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous. Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Read all of Hebrews 12-13
- Of whom does the writer speak when he says, therefore being “surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses?” How could that influence our walk with the Lord?
- Hebrews 12:1-2 helps us realize the writer was familiar with what?
- Why should we obey our leaders?
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; he is my steadfast love and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield and he in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me.
Read all of Psalm 144:1–5
- Does this passage challenge what you believe in any way?
- What is the good news in this passage that you can share with someone else?
- How might this passage affect the way you pray today?