Weekend – Constant
By Phillip Hamm
A chemical reaction occurs when the molecular structure of a substance is changed. For example, every time you strike a match, burn a candle, build a fire, or light a grill, you see the combustion reaction. Every time you see rust on an old piece of iron it’s an example of an oxidation. Anytime you hard boil an egg, the hydrogen sulfide produced by heating the egg white can react with iron from the egg yolk to form a grayish-green ring around the yolk. Each time a chemical reaction occurs it permanently changes the object it’s occurring on.
This is how Jesus works as well. The Bible is clear that following Jesus causes a permanent change in us. It’s not a change we cause in ourselves, but it’s a change that is noticeable and life altering.
Christ chooses to change people at different speeds and in different ways. But, much like a chemical reaction, we are always a different person after Jesus takes over.
In preparation for worship on Sunday, read Romans 6:1-14.
2020/2021 FBCP Budget
- Copies of the budget have been available for FBC members at the church office Monday-Thursday, 9 am - 3 pm.
- A Q & A opportunity took place on Sunday, June 14 at the conclusion of the last worship service.
- A ballot vote with no further discussion will take place on Sunday, June 21 for FBC members in each worship service.
Ladies Bible Studies
Mind, Body & Soul Ladies Weekly Group
RESTART beginning Monday, June 15 at 9:30 am
Let's consider God's desire for our lives as we petition Him for good health, a healthy weight goal and the ability to love who we are - where we are. Are you ready? Let's get started!!
Due to COVID 19 we must know you are planning to join us for this study. Finalize your registration here or call the church office at 941-722-7795.
Childcare is available with advanced registration ONLY. Let us know your specific need by calling the church office.
Vacation Bible School
This year’s VBS will be a bit different due to COVID restrictions. Registration is easy and it’s required!! A one-day VBS event will be offered for each group from 9 am − 12:30 pm:
Wednesday, July 15 – Kindergarten & 1st grade
Thursday, July 16 – 2nd & 3rd grades
Friday, July 17 – 4th & 5th grades.
For more information, contact Lynne Mikulec at 941-722-0810 or email@example.com.
Do you want to know more about FBC Palmetto, our vision, mission, purpose, our beliefs? Are you interested in becoming a member of the church family? Join us Wednesday, July 1 at 6 pm in the Loft for a class that will answer all your questions. Call the church office to sign up at 941-722-7795.
Our Reopening Plan
We share your frustration in this crazy season, and we desperately look forward to worshiping together again. However, we also know the wisest thing to do is pursue that goal in a gradual and phased process. I have confidence in the other pastors, and the wisdom they bring to this plan. With that said, this is new territory for us. Thank you for your patience as we prayerfully and wisely attempt to slowly reopen our church for public worship.
Phase 2.2 (Beginning June 28)
This phase moves closer to our normal schedule of Sunday's live worship services on campus. Each service continues to be limited to 50% seating capacity. The rest of the building remains closed aduring this phase.
Bible studies, small groups, etc. will not meet on campus on Sunday mornings during this phase. Online worship will continue to be offered for those who are more comfortable worshiping from home.
- 9:15 & 10:45 am Celebration Services in the Worship Center
- 9:15 & 10:45 am Encounter Services in the Gym
- 9:15 & 10:45 am Birth through PreK Palmetto Kid's Ministry is available. Enter through the Children's Wing of the Welcome Center.
- Elementary aged children will continue to worship with their families in the Worship Center or the Gym.
Phase 3 (TBD)
We will return to a normal schedule of events. Dates for this phase have not been set.
Remember your neighbors, continue to share Jesus and help them wherever possible. If their needs exceed your ability to assist, give the church office a call and we will do our best to help you help them.
- Invite your friends and neighbors to watch live services on Sunday at 9:15 or 10:45 am. We recommend staying consistent with our state officials’ guidelines of limiting the number who gather at one time.
- Have Bible studies in your home utilizing resources from RightNowMedia
- Reach out by phone to another church member or visitor to ask how they are doing.
Please continue to financially support your church and local charities as they experience an increase in requests for assistance from members and the local community.
You can give by using online giving, through the FBCP App, or mailing a check to: First Baptist Church 1020 4th St. W. Palmetto, FL 34221
You can communicate with us at 941-722-7795 or e-mail through the church website: www.fbcpalmetto.com.